For more than 50 years, we have been supplying filter systems for indoor climate control in all types of applications. On the basis of our high standards of research, development and quality assurance, we design and sell pioneering air filters and clean room solutions, in particular for the food industry.
Follow @Camfil_UK on Twitter
With outdoor air carrying 200 to 1,500 bacteria per cubic metre, an air-conditioning system with a capacity of 10,000 m3/h can potentially take in 2 to 15 million bacteria each hour and seriously contaminate food & beverage production. Efficient air filtration is the solution.
Food safety compliance is our concern
Growing market requirements and increasingly stringent legislation are placing even greater emphasis on hygiene in the food industry. Similarly, the air quality in the production process has never been more important than it is today. Only efficient filters and air recirculation systems can reduce the levels of microorganisms in the air.
Camfil complies with the following industry product standards:
• Fighting against microbiological contamination
• Compliance with VDI 6022 and ISO 846: inert raw materials against microbial growth
• Food certification for components that come into contact with the product
• Compliance with Regulation (EC) No 1935/2004 for all products related to the food industry
• Products which meet HACCP risk requirements (hazard analysis and critical control points)
• Filter, labelling, identification and traceability
• Guaranteed filtration efficiency level in accordance with EN 779:2012 guaranteed filtration efficiency
Factors which affect Human Health:
Outdoor air carries 200 to 1,500 bacteria per m3. So an air handling unit with a capacity of 10,000 m3/h will supply between 2 to 15 millions bacteria each hour!
• fungal spores: 1 to 10 μm
• bacteria: 0.2 to 10 μm
• viruses: 1/100 to 1/1000 of micron
• visible range: Hair 100 μm and pollen 10 μm
• production loss
• withdrawals from sale, return and destruction
• production breakdowns, plant closures
• extra expenditure on controls and remedial actions
• drop in sales
• brand image and reputation damage
• loss of consumer confidence
Food hygiene and safety…
Protecting human health is a major concern for governments of the European Community (Directive 89/397/EEC of 14 June 1989). Such measures may include product withdrawal and destruction, or even closure of all or part of the offending company for an appropriate period. In order to ensure product safety, those in charge of plants are required to:
• identify every aspects of their business that impact food safety;
• ensure that appropriate safety procedures are implemented, followed and updated, on the basis of ADPCM/HACCP principles.
Air filtration solutions designed for the food processing industry
In both design and construction, Camfil integrates specific characteristics for the food processing industry:
Limiting microbiological contamination
• moisture control
Resistance to corrosion
• use of stainless-steel materials, plastics, polyester resin…
• consistent solution with HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) risk level
• traceability, identification and labelling of filters
• guaranteed efficiency in accordance with current standards
Rapid development of processes and production
• modularity, flexibility and progressive nature of filtration solutions
• easy and safe to use
Quick and efficient maintenance
• simple installation of filters
• easy to handle
Access for in-situ testing
Access for in-situ testing is tailor-made on request. Our range of products, dedicated to the Food Industry, are developed in accordance to these requirements.
Food safety compliance certificates
For some components close to the process, Camfil is able to provide food contact certification documents where applicable.
Prosafe range – taking care of your process safety
High-end industries have high-end demands to ensure their Productivity and Process Safety. Food and Beverage or Life-Science activities have set new standards in product quality and therefore require specific characteristics regarding process definition.
Camfil, as the leader in clean air solutions and air filtration, has developed the complete ProSafe range of products designed for the most demanding processes, including safety, traceability and audit requirements. For air conditioning applications and filtration preparation of your clean rooms, make the choice of the complete ProSafe range, especially designed for Process Safety, with food contact certificates for the materials used (according EC1935-2004) and anti-microbial growth certificates (according ISO846 and VDI6022).
The ProSafe range combines superior efficiency and energy savings with maintenance requirements (as transport through clean room) and easy access to information.