Why is improving Indoor air quality so important?
- Better IAQ increases productivity in offices by 10% thanks to higher air supply rate and appropriate filter maintenance.
- Polaroid managed to reduce sick leave by 35% and save 400$ per employee by upgrading buildings HVAC Systems, equalling close to 1,5Million $ total savings per year.
- According to an Australian study, improving IAQ reduces sick leave rate by 39% and costs by 44%.
- Better IAQ improves schoolchildren reading test results by 13%
- Improving by 1% productivity with better ventilation system can save between 20 to 60€/m2, with benefit to cost ratio of 9.4 (productivity/HVAC investment, Energy and maintenance cost). Payback time was less than 2 years.
READ OUR QUICK FACTS DOCUMENT HERE.
How to improve IAQ ?
1. Indoor pollutants source emission control
2. Appropriate ventilation system design and improvement
3. Air filter selection at air inlets according to EN13779
4. Additional molecular filtration or air cleaning for specific locations and pollutions Continue reading