Attention asthma and allergy sufferers,
Make your voice heard in the workplace!
- Every 17 minutes a child is admitted to hospital because of asthma
- 5.4 million people in Britain suffer from asthma
- 4.3 million adults and 1.1m children
- There are 1100 deaths from asthma in the UK a year (3 deaths every day)
- The NHS spends about £1 billion a year on asthma
- 25% of the population in Britain suffer from hayfever
- 1/3rd of children say that their asthma means they are left out of sports at school
More than 1 million working days are lost each year due to breathing or lung problems
DID YOU KNOW?
- We spend approx 90% of our time indoors.
- The indoor air quality in the workplace is not up to current Eurovent guidelines
- The most damaging particles PM 2.5 are penetrating Air handling systems in commercial and public buildings.
- The human body has difficult rejecting these particles and consequently this is primary cause of premature life expectancy and accounts for 26,000 deaths per year
We have a new minimum standard of filtration EN779:2012 endorsed by EUROVENT which stipulates the minimum filtration efficiency and most buildings need to upgrade their installed air filtration stock. Recommended Best Practice EN13779:2007 is where the workplace needs to be to protect human health.
Check out www.camfilfarr.co.uk